Thursday, April 14, 2011

what would you do differently...


If you could do one thing differently this week, what would it be?

I would have asked for help. I’m the type of person who enjoys doing things on my own. When other people do things for me, it  feels like I’m cheating, like the experience and accomplishment isn’t mine. This week, I learned that doing everything by myself is not always a good idea. Case in point: I spent seven hours trying to set up an FTP server. No, this is not a joke. Yes, this process should take less than five minutes. After going to sleep frustrated and overwhelmed, I finally asked my incredibly talented and amazing boyfriend if he could help. It took him twenty seconds to install the server and get it to work. Wow. I could have saved myself seven hours of frustration and done something fun. Like go shopping or watch trashy reality TV (Real Housewives of Orange County anyone?). Next time, I’m definitely asking for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment