Thursday, June 30, 2011

breakfast for boyfriend

images via moi
This past sunday I made the most delicious homemade waffles for boyfriend, only to find out that boyfriend does not really like waffles. Still, they were ah-mazing, if I do say so myself. You can clearly tell from the picture above that I am a waffle genius. To recreate this work of art, please see recipe below.
2 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar

In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
Beat egg yolks; add milk and melted butter.
Stir dry ingredients together and add egg yolk mixture.
Mix until smooth.
Fold in egg whites.
Bake in hot waffle iron.

p.s. Do not pour entire mixture into waffle iron at once. It will overflow. Trust me,  I learned the hard way. If you pour like a normal person it should make around  six waffles.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMM! i wish we had a waffle maker! makes life easier too and so sweet any time of year

    http://www.pinkpeonieswithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete