Saturday, September 10, 2011

Monique Lhuillier (my saturday fashion week favorite)


When I first entertained writing this post, I thought for sure I was going to choose Vivienne Tam as my favorite show of the day. I was absolutely in love with her collection from the moment that first model strutted down the runway. However, after watching Monique Lhuillier's show at 7 o'clock, I abruptly changed my mind. The collection was unexpectedly sporty. Colorblock paneling, sharp lines, and racing stripes were just a few ways the designer infused the line with an activewear vibe. Even the runway had a bright blue racing strip down the middle. In this case, sporty does not mean androgenous. On the contrary, these looks were strong, sexy, and dare I say fierce. I think her collection will have several red carpet moments. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment