Friday, May 20, 2011

the cullen residence from twilight

 
images via design tavern

After coming home from work last night and realizing it was raining for the fifth day in a row, boyfriend and I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to watch yet another movie. We quickly decided on Twilight, as neither one of us had seen the third installment. I apologize in advance to Twilight fans, but this movie was pretty bad. However, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed watching Taylor Lautner with his shirt off (to boyfriend's dismay) and the rainy weather of Seattle perfectly complemented what was occurring outside my very own window. All in all, a perfect choice.

Even more perfect was the Cullen Residence. Turns out it's actually the Hoke Residence, designed by architect Jeff Kovel in 2006. It was love at first sight. The house is stunning. Clean lines, open spaces, a mix of industrial and natural materials. Truly minimalism at its finest. But for me, the best part of the sloped property are its expansive floor to ceiling windows which look out onto green forest views. Incredible and most definitely inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment