Thursday, May 19, 2011

obsession: fast five


I'm sort of embarrassed I loved this movie. Just wanted to get that out there. Moving on.

Fast Five is surprisingly awesome. In this installment, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker head to the beautiful Rio de Janeiro to lay low. Fortunately, their plan is soon thrwarted after they hijack three cars from a moving train and are framed for murder by a ruthless druglord. If this isn't enough to convince you how ah-mazing this movie is, it also contains every superstar from the previous four films, along with newcomer Dwayne Johnson (The Rock).   

Overall, Fast Five is over-the-top, ridiculous fun. The director completely ignores the concept of gravity. I truly didn't mind as I'm pretty sure I spent half the movie with my jaw in my lap. No joke. Highly recommended if you like off-the-charts action. A great way to kick off the summer with or without your man.

p.s. It scored a 79% on rotten tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment