Tuesday, May 3, 2011

lovely lace, homage to our royal bride



dress designs by elizabeth fillmore. photography via wedding style magazine.

Never a big fan of lace, I was suprised to find myself completely infatuated with Miss Middleton's dress friday afternoon, so much so, that I simply couldn't stop thinking about it. Apparently, I'm not the only one. The world’s top designers are raving about the Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen gown, calling it “beautiful" (Oscar de la Renta), “very pretty and modern” (Valentino), and “perfection” (Mark Badgely). It seems the general public carries the same sentiment. Stunning images of lace gowns are being displayed on fashion blogs everywhere and I'm loving every bit of it. As an aside, boyfriend now becomes extremely nervous every time he passes my computer. Anywho, what I'm loving about these dresses is that they're so unexpectedly modern and fresh. I'm especially loving the strapless gown with the cinched waste. So delicate and charming. Who knew lace was capable of reinventing itself?  


No comments:

Post a Comment