Wednesday, May 4, 2011

obsession: the voice


tuesdays at 10/9central on NBC

I'll start off by saying I'm not usually a big fan of reality competition shows. I especially dislike American Idol. I think it's pretty sad that America's idea of entertainment is watching people with awful voices audition for three judges who laugh at them. This isn't funny, nor is it amusing. At least from my perspective.

That being said, I love love love The Voice. Unlike Idol, the coaches are only presented with the nation's most talented singers. And there is some serious talent on this show. I mean crazy, jaw-dropping talent. Also unlike Idol, the coaches begin by listening to the singers blind (meaning they can't see them perform). During this round, the coaches are actually competing with one another to select the best singers. If Christina and CeeLo both want a singer on their team, the singer gets to choose which team to be a part of. Ultimately, each coach will form a team of eight singers to train and develop.

Why I'm obsessed: The coaches come across as genuine and passionate. The singers are truly inspiring. And Christina Aguilera's curves are killer. This show is just starting out, but so far, it's definitely worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment