Tuesday, July 26, 2011

here i am, kelly rowland

 images via poponthepop.com
While driving to work this morning, the radio station I was listening to played a preview of Kelly Rowland's third solo album, Here I Am (which incidentally hits stores today). My initial reaction was confusion. This is Kelly Rowland? It certaintly doesn't resemble the shy girl who forged her way playing second fiddle to Beyonce. When I sat down at my desk, I found myself compelled to investigate further...
Here I Am is raw, strong, and sensual. A definite departure from previous albums. Kelly Rowland seems so natural and alive in her own skin. The photographs above are truly beautiful, capturing a place of both vulnerability and strength. Overall, I really find it inspiring to see Kelly Rowland (or any woman for that matter) so liberated. I'm just loving her new image.
Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I love Kelly's new sound! She is definitely going in an R&B direction as opposed to hip-hop. It's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally love every song on her new album... and she is looking incredible lately.

    ReplyDelete