Monday, September 19, 2011

2011 EMMY actresses sizzle in red

Last night was spent watching two hours of the EMMY preshow, plus one hour of the EMMY pre-preshow. As you can tell, I found the fashion a bit more interesting than the awards themselves. My channel of choice for these types of things is always E! ... E!'s host, Giuliana Rancic, is amazing at describing the gorgeous gowns and dazzling stars. She always manages to make me feel so involved in the show. Almost like I'm actually attending. Even though more often than not I'm cuddled in bed eating directly from a carton of cookie dough ice cream and forcing boyfriend to feign interest. Conversations usually go something like this.

ME How amazing is that dress...

BOYFRIEND Can we watch Thor soon?

ME I mean, do you see that dress? I died. I seriously just died.

BOYFRIEND Oooo, I like that dress.

ME No you don't, you just like Sofia Vergara...

BOYFRIEND True. 
I think you get the picture.  Boyfriend actually pointed out Sofia Vergara's dress three times last night... Still, I must give him major points for watching.

The major trend of the night was red. Kerry Washington's Zuhair Murad  and Nina Dobrev's Donna Karen were my favorites. Both are shown above. I'm not sure who designed Guiliana Rancic's dress, but hers was fabulous as well. I am now inspired to find my very own red, strapless, floor-length gown. I'm not sure what I would wear it to, but that is completely irrelevant.

What was your favorite look of the night?

P.S. We did end up watching Thor afterwards, which was  a surprisingly fun movie. Not to mention Thor is now my new celebrity crush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment