Thursday, June 16, 2011

feeling nautical


Summer's here and I'm really enjoying the preppy, nautical style I'm seeing everywhere. Growing up in New England, I can't help but love the images above. As an aside, I've been trying to pressure boyfriend into buying a pair of sperry topsiders and I think he's finally convinced. I might just have to buy a pair myself. And if I do, I might just have to stop at j.crew and pick up a pair of khaki shorts. This has turned into quite the shopping trip. It's times like these I wish I didn't have such an active imagination. Enjoy...
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William A. Ward

"He who lets the sea lull him into a sense of security is in very grave danger." Hammond Ines

2 comments:

  1. funny,I was just talking with a co-worker today and we both want our hubbys to wear boat shoes...and we can't get them to do it :( haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think boat shoes are so cute on men... and they transition nicely into fall... and they're super comfortable. Definitely emphasize the comfortable factor with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete