Monday, August 22, 2011

obsessed: lobster ravioli (from TJs)



images via moi

You know when you're having one of those days where you're totally swamped, exhausted, and the last thing you want to do is whip up a gourmet meal from scratch? Well I'll let you in on a little secret... I have those days all the time. Which is why I've created a mental list of easy peasy go-to meals. Boyfriend will be the first to tell you I'm no chef. I am, however, very good at creating delicious dinners that seem far more complicated than they are.

My famous lobster ravioli is one such meal. I shouldn't even call it mine. It's from Trader Joes. No, really. It comes in a little plastic container for $2.99. Of course you're going to have to buy several because it's that good. And it's the easiest thing you'll ever prepare. In your life. You simply bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, drop the fresh raviolis in the pot (I usually turn down the heat), drain after two and a half minutes (do not overcook these, they will fall apart), and sprinkle with butter and salt (or pesto). You're done.  
It's delicious. It's nutritious. And it's impressive. I recommend serving it with a salad.  And if you discard the containers in the bottom of the trashcan, noone will ever know it's premade.

P.S. Boyfriend actually requests that I make this on a weekly basis. We make Trader Joe's runs where this is all we buy. If you try it and hate it (you won't), please let me know in the comments...

2 comments:

  1. seriously? how awesome is trader joe's? you have to try the artichoke raviolo too! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trader joe's... I'll have to try the artichoke... the mushroom ravioli is amazing also (with a thick tomato sauce and parm)!

    ReplyDelete