Tuesday, September 27, 2011

my dream room of the moment


When it comes to interior design, I am definitely into minimalism. There's just something about a clean aesthetic that really gets me going. I'm the type of person that can't stand anything messy or cluttered. And I tend to be a bit obsessive when it comes to cleaning. I have an intense compulsion to get rid of pretty much everything I am no longer using, whether it be a shirt I haven't worn for a year, or a vase that's past its welcome.

So when I came across this room, I died. I love the combination of industrial materials, wide glass windows, and natural wood floors. It reminds me a bit of this and this. Sort of fabulous. I can definitely see myself lounging in here with a good book and glass of bordeaux.

What would you use this room for? What items would you add to make it yours? 


P.S. I'm currently reading the book Onward (How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing its Soul) by Starbucks ceo Howard Schultz. I feel that this would be ideal reading for a room like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment